Function, safety, and flexibility on the construction site
Requirements can change quickly.
The solution: Flexible products for construction sites.
It goes without saying that this equipment must meet the necessary quality requirements for explosion hazardous areas. At the same time, however, they should also be able to be used flexibly and be adaptable to the many challenges present on construction sites. With modern terminal technology and variable cable entry, it is then possible to cover many requirements on site simply using just a few versions of the product.
Thanks to modern terminal technology and variable cable entry, many requirements can be solved on site with just a few product variants of the KX-series cable junction boxes – flexible and safe.
Equipment selection for hazadous areas: What requirements do cable jonction boxes need to comply with?
Function and safety
Equipment in potentially explosive atmospheres must be procured and operated in such a way that no potential ignition hazards arise in operational conditions, for example through:
• Avoiding electrostatic charge
• Limiting surface temperatures
• Protection against ingress of flammable and/or conductive dusts.
Flexibility on the construction site
Nothing is as constant as change - construction sites demand flexibility. For example for the following situations:
• More cable entries into the housing are required. The pre-installed cable glands are not sufficient.
• More cables need to enter and be terminated per pole than planned - there is insufficient space on the terminal.
As well as being suitable for hazardous areas, the operational conditions of use, actual requirements and influences on the equipment must be taken into account.
• Approximately 80% of all electrical installations in hazardous areas are within Ex Zone 2 or 22.
New EX cable junction boxes and cable glands for EX zones 2 and 22
KX series: product features
- Ex marking for explosive gas atmospheres: II 3G Ex ec IIC T6 Gc
- Ex marking for explosive dust atmospheres:
II 3D Ex tc IIIC T85 Dc
- With drill markings on the box walls for flexible positioning of the cable entries
- Degree of protection IP 66, Ex cable glands available as an accessory
- Suitable for areas with a high level of mechanical hazards
- Can be closed quickly by a quarter turn - locked position well visible
- With high-position terminal or terminal blocks
- Various conductor cross sections and types
- Terminals with wire protection including for flexible conductors without ferrules
- Various terminal positions
- Material: Polycarbonate
- Burning behaviour: Glow wire test according to IEC 60695-2-11: 750°C, flame retardant, self-extinguishing
- Colour: black, similar to RAL 9011.
Many benefits for the electrical specialist
Flexible cable entry allows easy adaptation to new installation situations on site:
- Smooth walls can be custom-drilled for cable entries.
- Drill markings for easy positioning of the drill.
- Depending on the box size a maximum of 7 to 10 cable entries can be created.
Flexible terminal technology allows plenty of space for wiring:
- Modern terminal technology with 2 clamping units per pole also combines different conductor cross sections and conductor types in a single pole.
- High-positioned terminal for more space for wiring, even when the maximum number of conductors are installed.
- Variable positioning of the terminal in the housing according to the position of the cable entry.
- Integrated wire protection and protection against loosening.
Easy assembly with pluggable external brackets:
- Plug-in external brackets always included
- Positions up / down / left / right selectable
- Easy marking due to optimal accessibility
- Slotted holes for perfect alignment.